To have have and to hold- innocent

D            D/C#                                G
everyone around is waiting for me to fail,
D               D/C#                G     G/F#  Em
   here i am alone think all is well,
                                        D   D/C#                       G
you better believe i believe it,           when i see her smile,

                                                D   D/C#                       G    G/F#
you better believe that i can feel it,       but i'm blind for a mile,

          Em                                       D
all the while...       she's planning on leaving,

D F# G Em
oh....

D            D/C#                                G
how'd it get so bad, how'd we end up so sad,

remember when we were younger

oh,  i'm so like her- a lover.

i  thought it was innocent, now there's nothing known

it was innocent, my love- my friend,


my only hope, that you'll know me and what we had

D F# G Em
to have and to hold, she's growing cold,
suddenly changes have been made for me,
i'm getting colder, i'm getting older,  (needs more kick)
slowly waiting to pick it up again, 


Bm G D G (capo 2 Am F C F)
Watching changes that've been made for me
Last in my mind Done passing time
Last thing I want is for you to look at at me
but you've witnessed me



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear internet,

Art & Chaos Ugly Fight. 😭

Exploring Music: A Hyperactive Peregrination of The White Lotus Composer