Dear internet,

I forgive you. It's been a while since we talked. You've read every one of my emails; You let me hang my pictures, writings, and letters to friends on your social media refrigerator; You helped me study for my tests, you picked on me when I misspelled words in the comment sections, you let me waste days of my time (easily more than ten thousand hours) doing Ethnographic Fieldwork scrolling though people's digital venues of self-curation (i.e. Myspace, GeoCities).

<3, 
John 
xoxo "send nudes"
...

What a relief. That was needed. A good ol' apology to the internet. They took so much from me and I didn't even realize the magnitude of it all. I lost my internet virginity when I was in middle school at my best friend's house. He immigrated from Mexico City with a super bubbly sister. I was a super huge 3 Ninja's fan and envied with all my pogs their Black belts in karate. His dad bought him a Compaq Presario 5000. The little assistant could change from a paper clip to Albert Einstine. It always made me chuckle. Here we are again. Doing internet things. 

Get ready to read a scene cut from the theatrical version of Inception. At least that's what it feels like retelling this story to you; diving deeper into the existential collective unconscious. 

Dream level 1

Weird chicken side note, I wanted to better my writing and properly cite the movie so I used Brad, Googles New AI embedded in its search functionality; a k a annoying box at the top of Google search results. It seemed laggy but the A.I. was busy compiling a summary and examples of the websites listed. The example it gave was Inception. 🤯 This is the first time in my life where I feel my discernment-gauge points more toward the advancement of technology verses the occurrence being coincident. (If we have Starlink satellites getting the zoomies all across the ink-black canvas of the nocturnal heavens, then surely we are living in the future.)

Dream level B

"i'm crying now." accompanied by this video, is what I texted to an old friend. The timestamps reads (5 hrs 2 mins), unread. 😞😟 I figured I'd share it with you, but might get the same reaction

Truly, this tweet isn't about the video or my reaction. 


Dream level Red

I wanted to share this with someone who appreciates art. What a beautiful relationship!? The universal story telling is 100%. Perfect: the editing choice, the lighting strobes, the music score, the audio mix, the color treatment, and the subtle usage of lookalike Instagram-"Reels" filters.

I'm horrible about rewatching movies, which is strange because when I hyper-focus on a new favorite song I often set the repeat button to loop infinitely... on one track. With out question, I watched it twice. I left it open in a tab on my iMac nestled between this blog draft and other internet to-do items — the homepage of Reddit, a 'Cousins' album by Wilco review on Pitchfork , Inception's  IMBD, Instagram, and the Google Adsense homepage. (I'm learning how to use it through osmosis so I get those big bad-internet-writer advertisement payouts.)

It is beautiful. Immerse yourself in the breathtaking visual storytelling. Each frame is a work of art, and the narrative unfolds with a poetic elegance that captivates the senses. Experience the sheer brilliance of this cinematic gem.


Film References

Inception (2010). Nolan, C. [Film]. Warner Bros. 

3-Ninja's (1992). Turteltaub, J. [Film]. Touchstone pictures

LoveSick: Teenage Love Forever (2023). Imogen Harrison. [Film]. Nowness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art & Chaos Ugly Fight. 😭

Inside the Creative Mind of Rick Rubin: Deciphering His Insights